Saltrex is an online B2B auction platform for all parties with an interest in secondary or distressed commodities and cargoes.
At Saltrex, the core of our philosophy is built around creating an independent, simple and compliant platform serving the purpose of connecting buyers and sellers of commodities and cargoes worldwide. By promoting relationships based on mutual trust, confidence and transparency we aim to create an established network of traders, buyers and insurers valuing open communication and integrity.
We believe in sustainability: no goods should go to waste. Goods that are regarded less or even illiquid in one place, maybe sound in another or perfectly suit an alternative purpose. Often, however, the availability of such goods is not widely known, which limits the possibility of direct transactions between the ultimately interested parties.
Are you interested in international trade, waste management, sustainability, regulatory compliance, and do you want to gain experience from working in a start-up? If so, then The Saltrex Recycling and Destruction Project might be the perfect fit for you.
Although ‘No goods should go to waste’, sometimes that is not possible and when goods must be destroyed we believe that they should be disposed of in the most environmentally friendly and compliant way possible. Therefore we have started a new project, which is ideologically aligned with the EU’s shift towards the Circular Economy and we wish to be an active participant and a facilitator that helps to improve the global environmental footprint and minimize value destruction while adhering to regulations.
To make this project a success, we are looking for an intern that would assist with building the regulatory framework that our project will operate in. Among the many tasks this would include:
- Researching the EU waste regulations
- Working on the operational flow
- Cross-referencing waste directives
- Creating a database of sources
- HBO/University level
- Interest in International Trade & Sustainability
- Have permit to work in the Netherlands
- Interest in EU Policy, Law & Regulations
- Analytical skills
- Computer skills
What do we offer?
- Startup mentality and environment
- Office located in the city centre of The Hague
- A young and entrepreneurial atmosphere
- Experiences in a fast-growing company
- Internship salaries are around EUR 300 per month
- Good cappuccino
- Ping Pong table and football table
- Private parking spot for your bike
How to apply? If you are still interested and enthusiastic, please send us an e-mail to Marieke van Woerden at email@example.com and make sure to include a short description of your motivation and your CV.