Hague, 15 December 2017 – World Startup Factory, a startup accelerator located in The Hague, has just introduced to the public the 10 selected startups of Impact Accelerator. The startups are active in 5 impact-driven fields: Smart City, Health and Ageing, Security, Smart Building, and Mobility. On Tuesday 12 December startups presented their pitches for the first time on one stage at The Hague Tech building in The Hague. The key partner of World Startup Factory is the City of The Hague and its Impact Economy department, which were present at the event with the Opening note.
“In the international city of peace and justice we work on the the Sustainable Development Goals of The United Nations on a daily basis, we do this by fostering innovations that make a difference and show it isn’t rocket science to do good and to do business.
I am proud that The Hague is the first ImpactCity of the world, in which we are continuously investing to make sure The Hague’s startup ecosystem will keep being the launchpad we envisioned it to be. We’re happy to welcome World Startup Factory’s third cohort of impact startups and we look forward to introducing you to the many launchpads the city has to offer to you!”
Erik van der Rijt – director Urban Economy, City of The Hague.
The program was developed in cooperation with The City of The Hague, The Hague Security Delta, Health Valley Netherlands, SPIE, KPN and many other local and international partners.
“It’s great to see that our aim of quality over quantity worked out well for Impact Accelerator #3. We have onboarded ten very interesting startups. It’s remarkable that more and more startups approach us for support and advice outside the official application period. We know that startups are not seasonal fruits; they need support all the time, the whole year long. Therefore we have recently developed a so called fast track program,” – says Egbert Ottevanger, Co-founder World Startup Factory.
“The Hague is Impact City, an environment where entrepreneurs, government and talent support each other to build meaningful and inspiring companies. When I want to discuss and launch great ideas, it’s here where I feel home and it’s here where I find my strong partners.” Noticed Brian Gharibaan, Founder The Hague Tech.
During the selection phase World Startup Factory received hundreds of startup applications from every continent of the world, apart from Arctic and Antarctic. The 10 selected ventures arrived to The Hague from all over the globe, including Singapore, Canada, Ukraine, India, and The Netherlands. “The Hague, and the Netherlands in general, are very attractive for us as the launchpad to European markets”, – says Puneet Gupta (CEO Clensta).
About the startups:
- Clensta is an Indian startup with a strong focus on innovation to address personal hygiene related concerns. Their products provide “Accessible Personal Hygiene” with no need for water. Website: http://clensta.com/
- At Decibel.LIVE, the core values are ensuring security, privacy and fully decentralized communication. Using these principles, they build sensors and software to monitor noise pollution and store noise events securely on IPFS.
At each noise site, they deploy sensors that automatically form a local mesh network and capture noise events thousands of times a second and compute the average sound level in dB(A) units. Website: https://www.decibel.live/technology/overview/
- Startup YazamTec designed smart mobility solution for parking to tackle the related urban challenges. While drivers are looking for a vacant parking place on street, they will typically slow down and circle around. This is the main reasons why parking seekers creates traffic congestion and urban pollution.
The network they use is not IP (Internet Protocol) based therefore shielding their customers assets from internet attacks and intrusions. Website: https://www.yazamtec.com/
- Evalk’s product is an AI software, which allows deaf people and any other speaker of sign language (ASL) to be heard, by translating ASL to English. It involves building video recognition technology, based on recurrent convolutional neural networks – for translating video (of ASL speaker) into text. The final product is an app that will use a phone camera. Website://evalk.com/
- GIBBON provides you with the inventory for your travel needs. Simply choose, add and you are ready to go. GIBBON currently offers two services: Merlion City to inbound travellers coming to Singapore, and Beyond the Equator to Singaporeans heading to temperate countries. We have been conditioned to believe that packing/unpacking, queuing at winding check-in counters, and lugging a heavy luggage around is part of the process of travelling, but it is not. Website: https://gibbon.today/
- ModelMe3D bridges the gap between the challenges of rapid urbanization and the need for more direct involvement in our cities. ModelMe3D provides a 3D interactive modelling platform that transforms buildings, infrastructure, natural environment and future projects as “click-on” 3D objects revealing levels of detail. Website: http://www.modelme3d.nl/
- What do you do when the container on your street is full, clogged or otherwise unavailable? Do you drop your trash next to it? Walk to the next street over? Or do you take it back inside and patiently wait till the municipality fixes it? Now with My Clean City you can directly report issues to the local Municipal body and notify your neighbours to prevent more clutter around the containers and your neighbourhood.
Collect GreenPoints in exchange for rewards and simply connect with your neighbours with My Clean City by sharing events and exchanging items via the app. Website: http://www.mycleancity.nl/
- Organic Love’s mission is ‘To make food healthy again with the same and better taste’. Almost everyone has mayonnaise at his refrigerator but is it healthy? Organic Love solved this problem by reducing oil in the mayonnaise up to 70% end replacing it by healthy ingredients. Organic Love’s innovations created 5 healthy options made of vegetables made by Michelin 3-stars chef. Soon, you will be able to find the mayonnaise in the supermarkets. Website: https://www.f6s.com/organiclove
- QdepQ created a way to transform your pictures from 2D to 3D in just a few seconds. For example, Charlie Chaplin movies, Instagram, Facebook or Tumbler content now in 3D!
QdepQ is a startup company of the Delft University of Technology in the Netherlands, aiming at bringing 3D viewing technology into everyday life. It is their belief that, just as color TV displaced B/W TV in the past, 3D Cinema, 3D TV and auto stereoscopic (without glasses) 3D screens will eventually enter our daily life. With their patented system, generating 3D content is easy for still pictures, video, and cinema. Website: http://www.qdepq.com/
- Qlikchain is a new age digital technology company specialising in blockchain solutions for business and consumers. Under the hood of the Qlikchain brand are a suite of products for Real Estate, Supply Chain Transparency, Academic Credentialing and Citizen services. Qlikchain provides Blockchain as a Service (BaaS) on mobile & web platforms to any company or individual to digitize contracts and manage & trade assets on Blockchain. The team is now working with the Dutch flower suppliers to ensure the transparency between the farmers and the sellers. Website: https://www.qlikchain.com/